If you recently looked into Vitamin IV therapies or spent time in a functional medicine clinic, you likely came across NAD+ services for energy, longevity and more. If you haven’t given it a try yet, it’s probably time. There’s a reason it’s gaining so much popularity: NAD+ may be small, but its effects are mighty! Nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (see why we call it NAD+?) is a type of coenzyme, a powerful little molecule that helps out with the key chemical reactions that make up your metabolism. Want to build more muscle and lose body fat? NAD+ makes this possible. Interested in keeping your memory sharp and boosting daily energy? You guessed it, NAD+ is here to help.
So what exactly does NAD+ do?
- Initiates the transfer of energy from sugar & fatty acids into pure ATP (your energy molecule)
- Assists enzymes that repair your DNA and regulate cell health
- Plays a role in immune cell function and regulation of inflammation
What happens when your mitochondria aren’t healthy?
- Declining energy and exercise intolerance
- Brain fog, impaired focus, and increased risk of dementia
- Muscle weakness, declining coordination
- Increased risk of diabetes and cardiovascular diseases
- Poor immune function
- Sluggish metabolism