There are many medical reasons to consider BHRT, for both men and women
• Premature menopause, or menopausal symptoms disrupting your quality of life
• Hormonal disorders such as PCOS and endometriosis
• Low testosterone levels, erectile dysfunction
• Osteopenia and osteoporosis
• Loss of libido, pain with intercourse
• Infertility and irregular cycles
• Hormonal migraines
• Hormonal mood disorders such as PMS and PMDD
The science behind bio-identical hormone replacement therapy has come a long way in quality, safety and efficacy since it was first introduced in the 1930’s. Having access to hormone support formulated to meet your body’s specific needs can significantly improve your quality of life. Your FIM provider will discuss the benefits and risks of each BHRT option and will only recommend treatment when those benefits outweigh the risks.
Other factors we consider are your age, symptoms, and personal goals when recommending BHRT. After your visit to discuss treatment options, we will order labs to further evaluate your hormone levels and needs. At FIM, we prescribe BHRT doses designed to optimize your blood levels without exceeding normal physiological hormone levels. Your safety is our first priority.
For your convenience, we offer hormone prescriptions in many forms:
• Transdermal Creams & Patches: Compounded hormone creams can deliver single or multiple hormones at personalized doses. Patches are available for bio-identical estradiol replacement only. Topical hormones are absorbed quickly and easy to use.
• Injections: Subcutaneous and intramuscular injections are popular for testosterone and estrogen support when patients don’t want a daily cream, lozenge or pill.
• Sublingual Lozenges: Compounded lozenges can deliver single or multiple hormones at personalized doses, just like the creams.
• Oral Tablets, Capsules and Oils: Some hormones are safe to take in pill form, with options for both compounding and standard pharmacies. Certain hormones, such as progesterone and DHEA, can also be found in an oil form designed for oral use.
We welcome new patients
Whether you are sick, struggling with complex chronic health symptoms or simply need your annual physical, we are here for you. We know the first visit can be a bit overwhelming, so we provide you with your new patient forms ahead of time so you can come and focus on what matters most: Your top health goals for the day.