Trigger Point, PRP, &
Neural Therapy Injections
Below is a list of the therapeutic injections offered at Framework Integrative Medicine:
At Framework Integrative Medicine, we strive to offer an integrative approach to pain management and healing. Having access to the right therapeutic injections can help you speed up your recovery from injuries, reduce the need for pharmaceuticals in chronic pain management, improve joint mobility and sports performance.
Depending on the condition being treated, injection therapies will target different tissues. Most often we inject into and around muscles, fascia (the connective tissue surrounding muscles), and joints. Unlike cortisone (steroid) shots, alternative injection therapies offer pain relief and enhanced healing without the risk of increasing tissue degeneration.
• Trigger Point Injections: Small intramuscular injections into trigger points (tight, painful muscle fibers) which can help to reduce both localized and radiating pain. These tender bundles of muscle can create pain on a large scale and commonly contribute to conditions such as migraines, tension headaches, and Fibromyalgia. Each injection contains anesthetic which temporarily numbs the muscle, allowing it to release.
• Neural Therapy Injections: Superficial injections of anesthetic into the skin and peripheral nerves overlying areas of pain and injury to help address symptoms of arthritis, migraines, low back pain, Fibromyalgia, menstrual cramps, IBS and neuropathy. Neural therapy is believed to target dysfunction in the autonomic nervous system which plays a role in chronic pain and most basic bodily functions.
• Scar Therapy Injections: Superficial injections directly into scars using anesthetic, sometimes with the addition of medical ozone, platelet rich plasma and steroid. Scar tissue can negatively impact joint mobility, blood flow and be cosmetically displeasing. Scar therapy injections can soften scars, improving both the functionality of the tissue and their appearance.
• Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Injections: A platelet-based injection therapy quickly gaining popularity for its ability to quicken and optimize tissue healing. PRP is made from your own blood through the concentration of your plasma, activation and separation of your platelets. When injected back into your tissues, those platelets release growth factors which can stimulate tissue regeneration. In addition to treating pain, injuries and scars, PRP is popular in cosmetic medicine for helping to reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
• Prolozone Injections: An ozone injection therapy for musculoskeletal complaints. Best for localized pain, including new and old injuries. We often prescribe this for low back pain, arthritis, neck pain, sprains and strains. Prolozone injections are performed with a local anesthetic followed by medical grade ozone. In addition to providing an analgesic (pain killing) effect, they can help to reduce inflammation in the affected tissues in order to speed up healing.
We welcome new patients
Whether you are sick, struggling with complex chronic health symptoms or simply need your annual physical, we are here for you. We know the first visit can be a bit overwhelming, so we provide you with your new patient forms ahead of time so you can come and focus on what matters most: Your top health goals for the day.